Contact No. 07843 914 028
"Contrology is designed to give you suppleness, natural grace, and skill that will be unmistakably reflected in the way you walk, in the way you play, and in the way you work"
Taken from Return To Life Through Contrology originally published in 1945 by Joseph H. Pilates and William John Miller
Low impact exercise which helps to promote good posture and a lean and toned body
Today, "Contrology" is known as Pilates and Body Control Pilates movements are based on the following principles:-
1. Concentration - to be aware of your body and its movements
2. Relaxation - to release tension to allow the body to relax
3. Breathing - to maximise the effectiveness of the movements
4. Alignment - to ensure good muscle recruitment
5. Core Stability - to support and protect the spine
6. Co-Ordination - the mind and body working together to perform a movement
7. Flowing Movements - flowing and controlled movements which result in long, lean
muscles with greater strength
8. Stamina - through efficient movement
ALL CLASSES, 1-1 & 2-1 SESSIONS HAVE NOW BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.